About Our Resort
Within a day's drive or commuter flight from most major Midwest cities, guests arrive at our premier Michigan resort to discover the destination's gifts - time, relaxation, and adventure. Rising in the midst of northern Michigan's freshwater bounty, winding wooded trails, and sugar-sand beaches, you'll find Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
Regarded as a premier Michigan vacation destination, we've been ranked among the nation's finest resorts with accolades from Golf Digest, USA Today, Family Circle, Conde Nast, Travel + Leisure, and others. Our 900-acre property always honored to receive such recognitions!
From the sandy shores of Lake Michigan's Grand Traverse Bay to the top of our 17-story glass Tower, our team's focus is on presenting a grand experience. Whether you've arrived for business, a vacation, or a more permanent stay, you'll find accommodations, amenities, and activities that suit your needs and lifestyle, paired with service that exceeds expectations.
You'll also find that our own love for Northern Michigan's unique natural attributes and commitment to our community instills a level of environmental stewardship that surpasses hospitality standards nationwide. Through the implementation of our Environmental Management System and the relentless effort from every Resort employee, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa practices ongoing stewardship of the environment.
The Lay of the Land
- 900 acres of Northern Michigan landscape
- 86,500 square feet of versatile meeting space
- 7,000 square-foot Spa Grand Traverse
- Nearly 600 guest rooms and condominiums
- Five restaurants and lounges, including Aerie Restaurant & Lounge on the 16th floor
- Gallery of Shops
- Three championship golf courses including Jack Nicklaus-designed The Bear, The Wolverine by Gary Player and Spruce Run by William Newcomb
- Private Beach Club on Lake Michigan's Grand Traverse Bay
- Four indoor/outdoor pools and several indoor/outdoor hot tubs
- Indoor Water Playground
- 100,000 square-foot Health Club with five indoor tennis courts
- The Dog Dreams Inn - The ultimate dog retreat for guests who want to bring their furry family members (Located on Resort grounds)
- Nearby Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
Wine and Spa: a perfect pairing
Grand Traverse Resort crafted the ultimate combination with a VIP Wine & Spa package, a delightful combination of relaxation and adventure.
Traverse City transformed by night
What was once primarily a quaint little beach town along Lake Michigan has transformed into a thriving city overflowing with culture and energy. Meet Traverse City. After Dark.
The Beer Artist:
Short’s Brewery exemplifies Northern Michigan in ways you can literally taste. Fresh chocolate mint from the river shoreline, local Blue Spruce trees and Michigan cherries are all key ingredients in his microbrews.