Plan a Bachelorette Party in the Vines
Northern Michigan is home to more than two dozen wineries, and there’s no better way to celebrate a bride-to-be than to spend a beautiful day traveling through wine country.
Chelsea Boboltz, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa’s Event Design Manager, has the top tips for planning a bachelorette winery tour—she does it all the time!
- Pick a side. It’s a tough choice, but you’ll probably need to choose between Grand Traverse wineries and Leelanau wineries if you’re hoping to squeeze the party into one day. Check out Traverse Wine Coast for a list local wineries and a handy-dandy map!
- Plan out the day. The rule of thumb is to plan for a four-hour tour. This will give you the opportunity to enjoy tastings at three different locations without rushing from place to place!
- Find the right ride. There are several options for transportation, including a limo, a tour bus, a party bus, or even an old-school school bus! Pick the one that is the best fit for your group.
- Don’t skip lunch… Consider where and when you’ll eat during your tour. Pack a picnic, add a lunch break at a nearby deli, or look for on-site dining options. Some wineries offer small plate menus or wine and dinner pairings.
- …Or dinner! When the tasting is over, head to downtown Traverse City for dinner at one of the city’s amazing restaurants or to Aerie Restaurant & Lounge for a sunset view!
- Enjoy the outdoors. On a beautiful day, head to a winery that offers a walking tour. You can get the inside scoop on wine making and some sun on your face!
- Get active. If you want to incorporate a little exercise in your day, consider a bike tour through the vines or even a wine-tasting kayak tour!
- Do something a little different. Whatever your vision may be, don’t hesitate to reach out and create a custom party!
To plan your bachelorette party—or another special event—contact Jenelle Whipple here!
HydraFacial delivers results on first treatment
Still the Best: The Bear at 35
Iconic course remains top on golfers’ must-play lists
Simply the Best
Resort garners top convention center award