Welcome to Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
The Michigan Open Championship returns to The Bear at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa June 9-13, 2019. During your stay, we invite you to explore all the Resort, Turtle Creek Casino, and Traverse City have to offer.
Things to Do at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
We recommend: playing both courses. In 2019, The Wolverine celebrates 20 years and Spruce Run celebrates 40. See which course aged best!
No trip to Grand Traverse Resort and Spa is complete without a visit to Spa Grand Traverse. With an array of head-to-toe services and a beautifully remodeled space, you'll find peace of mind, body, and spirit at the spa.
We recommend: the all-new HydraFacial treatment. Three simple steps exfoliate, extract, and saturate, leaving skin with a radiant glow.
Summer is in full swing in Traverse City, which means our private Beach Club is open for the season. Dip your toes in the waters of Grand Traverse Bay, splash in the pool, or rent a Jet Ski to explore our little slice of Lake Michigan.
We recommend: enjoying a post-play cocktail at Fin's Sandbar while you catch a perfect Northern Michigan sunset.
Don't leave the Resort without a souvenir from our Gallery of Shops, located just off the lobby. From sweets at Dylan's Candy Bar to NoMi gear at the Bear Logo shop, you'll find everything you need to remember your trip.
We recommend: checking out the Pro Shop located inside the Clubhouse. Everyone needs a Resort Under Armour polo! (You can also find them on our online store.)
On-property dining options abound, so the hardest thing about finding a spot to eat at the Resort is choosing where to go. Check out our outlets and hours of operation below.
- Aerie Restaurant & Lounge: Located on the 16th floor of the Tower, Aerie provides a modern, upscale menu with 360-degree views of the Resort grounds and Grand Traverse Bay.
- Happy hour: 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. | Dinner: 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- The Grille: Overlook the 18th hole of The Bear from The Grille, tucked inside our golf Clubhouse. A full lunch and dinner menu await so you don't miss a minute of the action.
- Hours: 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Sweetwater American Bistro: You'll find Sweetwater American Bistro in the heart of the Resort's campus. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Sweetwater is your go-to spot for tasty, convenient dining.
- Breakfast: 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. | Lunch: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. | Dinner: 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Jack's Taproom: The all-new Jack's Taproom is just steps away from the main lobby. Catch the latest game and enjoy a craft beer alongside elevated pub fare.
- Hours: 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Fin's Sandbar: This Beach Club hotspot is your one-stop-shop for beach or poolside food and beverages.
- Hours: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. *weather and business levels permitting
- Grand Lobby Bar: People watching in the lobby is never better than when you have cocktail in hand.
- Hours: 11 a.m. - 12 a.m.
- Marketplace: Get your morning coffee fix with a delicious pastry at Marketplace inside the Gallery of Shops. Also available, smoothies, sandwiches, and signature beverages.
- Hours: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Things to Do at Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
- The 56,000-square-foot casino has everything you need to get your game on, including video poker, craps, blackjack, Let It Ride, roulette, and all of the latest slots, from penny to $100 denominations.
- There's always something to look forward to with exciting events and promotions at Turtle Creek. See all the latest promotions here.
- Grand Traverse Resort and Spa offers a complimentary shuttle to Turtle Creek Casino, just a few miles down the road on M-72.
- For the best steakhouse experience in Traverse City, visit Bourbons 72, located inside Turtle Creek Casino. Every stake is prime, hand-cut beef, and we feature more than 72 varieties of bourbon to tempt your taste buds.
Things to Do in Traverse City
June is one of the most beautiful times to visit Traverse City. Visit the Traverse City Tourism Michigan Open landing page to explore the area and plan your stay!
For information about the Resort, lodging packages, and to make reservations, call 800-236-1577 or visit grandtraverseresort.com. Mention the Michigan Open while making your reservation to get a special discounted room rate during your stay.
For five years, Spa Grand Traverse Director Dawn Olsen thought about the changes she wanted to make to the resort’s 7,000-square-foot spa and salon.
New Look for Iconic Governors' Hall
Premier gathering space undergoes $1.5 million renovation
Reuniting at the Resort
“It’s a beautiful place to reconnect and build close ties to those we love in one of the most spectacular places in Michigan.”
—Lori, Leaver family reunion