10 Creative Valentine’s Dates:
Plan the Perfect Date at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
Whether you’re looking to enjoy a romantic evening or a day of outdoor fun, spend your Valentine’s Day with Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. With so many ways to celebrate, the Resort has the perfect Valentine’s night out—or in—for everyone.
1. Valentine’s getaway: What better way to celebrate than to spend a night or two at one of the Midwest’s finest resorts? We’re offering 30 percent off of our best available rate if you book before February 15.
Call 800-236-1577 and mention Valentine’s Day when booking.
2. Treat yourself: Spa Grand Traverse is offering two fabulous spa specials for Valentine’s Day:
- The Couples Escape Package is a perfect way to spend the day with your Valentine. This package includes a Just the Two of Us Massage and your choice of a Chocolate Meltdown Pedicure or a Men’s Foot Maintenance plus a glass of champagne.
- If you’re celebrating with friends or looking for a solo spa day, you’ll love the Me Day Package! Book a spa treatment valued at $110 or more and receive 50% off a second treatment of equal or lesser value. (Valid on weekdays only, Monday–Friday.)
Call 231-534-6750 for reservations.
3. Outdoor adventures: Ice skate at sunset or under the stars with your sweetheart on Friday or Saturday of Valentine’s Day weekend. The Resort also offers cross-country ski and snow shoe rentals so you can enjoy our 900-acre property during the winter season.
Learn more at grandtraverseresort.com/play/winterfun or call 231-534-6715 for availability.
4. Indoor fun: Pretend you’re spending Valentine’s Day in warmer weather and bust out those golf clubs! Our Winter Golf Academy offers clinics and lessons in our heated hitting bays all winter long.
Golf Academy Hours of Operation:
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday-Friday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, call the Golf Academy at 231-534-6550 or visit grandtraverseresort.com/golf/golf-academy.
5. Dinner with a view: Overlook beautiful Grand Traverse Bay with dinner for two atop Aerie Restaurant & Lounge. We’re making Valentine’s Day an extended event and offering this special menu February 14–17.
Call 231-534-6800 for reservations.
6. Winter warm-up: Sweetwater American Bistro (located just off the main lobby) is featuring “Monster Mugs” made for two. These decadent, delicious beverages include the White Chocolate Chai Float, S’mores Hot Chocolate, and Aztec Hot Chocolate.
Start your mouth watering with our Sweetwater dessert menu.
7. Sugar rush: Skip the prepackaged chocolate boxes and head over to Dylan’s Candy Bar for your Valentine’s treats. Located inside our Gallery of Shops, Dylan’s is home to an extensive collection of candy, award-winning Moomers Homemade Premium Ice Cream, Mackinac Island fudge, specialty chocolates, and more.
8. Brunch with the family: Nothing beats Sunday Brunch at Aerie, and now through March 31, 2018, kids under 10 eat free! Enjoy a variety of traditional and assorted buffet items such as an omelette station, fresh salads, pastries, desserts, and more. The best part: Aerie Sunday Brunch includes a complimentary glass of champagne per adult. For reservations, call 231-534-6800 or book online via OpenTable.
9. The perfect gift: Visit our first-class Gallery of Shops, where you can find a special something for your special someone. From local items to logo wear, home décor to clothing and accessories, you’re sure to discover a gift for even the choosiest Valentine.
10. A day of romance: The romance doesn’t need to end with Valentine’s Day! Keep the love going with our “Spa and Spirits” package on February 24, 2018. Enjoy a 50-minute spa treatment followed by a tour and tasting at Ethanology Distillation of Elk Rapids. Learn more about the package and how to reserve your spot here.
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, visit grandtraverseresort.com or call 800-236-1577.
For five years, Spa Grand Traverse Director Dawn Olsen thought about the changes she wanted to make to the resort’s 7,000-square-foot spa and salon.
New Look for Iconic Governors' Hall
Premier gathering space undergoes $1.5 million renovation
Reuniting at the Resort
“It’s a beautiful place to reconnect and build close ties to those we love in one of the most spectacular places in Michigan.”
—Lori, Leaver family reunion