enter your group/offer code here
Wineries Near Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
A trip to Grand Traverse Resort and Spa isn’t complete without a winery tour. With so many wineries nearby, where do you begin? It’s a question we get a lot. To help, we’ve created a Traverse City wineries map (below) to help you savor wines with that special northern Michigan terroir while you’re enjoying a stay at the Resort. Click the thumbnail to view the map in full-screen.
Our Traverse City wineries map includes the following local winery locations:
- 2 Lads Winery
- This winery specializes in cool climate red and sparkling wines. Enjoy their exceptional wines from their bright, modern tasting room on Old Mission Peninsula.
- Chateau Grand Traverse
- Known for their high-quality wines since 1974, this winery, the second-largest in Michigan, serves award-winning wines on their outdoor patio overlooking the vineyard’s rolling hills. Enjoy the scenic view of West Bay from Center Road, and don’t forget to grab a charcuterie board!
- Black Star Farms Old Mission
- Situated right on the 45th parallel, this small-batch winery produces classic varietal wines with character and balance. This Kentucky inspired estate is the perfect backdrop on a warm summer day to sip and savor.
- Mari Vineyards
- Enjoy some of the finest red wines in Michigan while overlooking East Grand Traverse Bay. Impressive architecture with northern Michigan’s first underground barrel-aging area, this winery is a must-see.
- Left Foot Charley
- Known for its excellent clean-tasting wines, ciders, and classy outdoor drinking area, this urban winery is a great changeup, located in the historic renovated old state hospital grounds in Traverse City, known locally as The Commons. You won’t want to miss it.
- Brys Estate
- Traditional, yet unconventional and winner of many awards, Brys Estate blends proven wine techniques with creativity to create balanced wines with uncompromised quality.
- Hawthorne Vineyards
- Situated on a high bluff overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, Peninsula Cellars has one of the most secluded tasting rooms on Old Mission Peninsula. Enjoy expertly crafted wines as you marvel at the sights and sounds of the countryside.
- Bonobo Winery
- Enjoy world-class wines with breathtaking views. Food and wine pairings, as well as guided tours, are available with reservations.
- Peninsula Cellars
- Sip thoughtfully crafted wines on this Michigan centennial farm located in the middle of Old Mission Peninsula and owned by one of the Peninsula’s original cherry farm families. This winery also features a selection of locally crafted hard ciders.
- Bowers Harbor
- Bowers Harbor Vineyard provides wine tasting and wine tours on Old Mission Peninsula. Take a walk on the nature trail once you’re done tasting and enjoy the surrounding beauty.
Enjoy Wine Tasting—and Much More, at the Resort
Not only are many of the wineries just a short drive away, when you stay at the Resort, you also have the option to:
- Enjoy a massage at our Spa.
- Play a few rounds of golf.
- Hop on a free shuttle to our nearby sister property, Turtle Creek Casino.
Bringing the kiddos along? They’ll love the arcade and games located in The Den.
Our winery map only spotlights wineries that are closest to the Resort. If you’d like to cast a wider net, check out our map of Leelanau County wineries from our sister property, Leelanau Sands Casino.
Book a Room During Your Visit
Stay with us while you explore local wineries and soak in the views. We have many different accommodations available for all different group sizes and budgets. Book a room now or give us a call at 800-236-1577