About Our Resort
After day's drive or commuter flight from most major Midwest cities, guests arrive at our premier Michigan resort to discover the destination's gifts—time, relaxation, and adventure. Rising in the midst of northern Michigan's freshwater bounty, winding wooded trails, and sugar-sand beaches, you'll find Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
From the sandy shores of Lake Michigan's Grand Traverse Bay to the top of our 17-story glass Tower, our team's focus is on presenting a grand experience. Whether you've arrived for business, a vacation, or a more permanent stay, you'll find accommodations, amenities, and activities that suit your needs and lifestyle, paired with service that exceeds expectations.
The Lay of the Land
- 900 acres of Northern Michigan landscape
- 86,500 square feet of versatile meeting space
- 7,000-square-foot Spa Grand Traverse
- Nearly 600 guest rooms and condominiums
- Five restaurants and lounges, including Aerie Restaurant & Lounge on the 16th floor
- Gallery of Shops
- Three championship golf courses including Jack Nicklaus-designed The Bear, The Wolverine by Gary Player, and Spruce Run by William Newcomb
- Private Beach Club on Lake Michigan's Grand Traverse Bay
- Four indoor/outdoor pools and several indoor/outdoor hot tubs
- Indoor Water Playground
- 100,000-square-foot Health Club with five indoor tennis courts
- Nearby Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
- Easy to reach
For five years, Spa Grand Traverse Director Dawn Olsen thought about the changes she wanted to make to the resort’s 7,000-square-foot spa and salon.
New Look for Iconic Governors' Hall
Premier gathering space undergoes $1.5 million renovation
Reuniting at the Resort
“It’s a beautiful place to reconnect and build close ties to those we love in one of the most spectacular places in Michigan.”
—Lori, Leaver family reunion