About Our Resort
After a day's drive or commuter flight from most major Midwest cities, guests arrive at our Michigan resort to discover the destination's gifts—time, relaxation, and adventure. Rising in the midst of Northern Michigan's freshwater bounty, winding wooded trails, and sugar-sand beaches, you'll find Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
Regarded as a premier Michigan vacation destination, we've been ranked among the nation's finest resorts with accolades from Golf Digest, USA Today, Forbes, TripAdvisor, and others.
The Lay of the Land
- 900 acres of Northern Michigan landscape
- 86,500 square feet of versatile meeting space
- 7,000-square-foot Spa Grand Traverse
- Nearly 600 guest rooms and condominiums
- Five restaurants and lounges, including Aerie Restaurant & Lounge on the 16th floor
- Gallery of Shops
- Three championship golf courses including The Bear by Jack Nicklaus, The Wolverine by Gary Player, and Spruce Run by William Newcomb
- Private Beach Club on Lake Michigan's Grand Traverse Bay
- Four indoor/outdoor pools and several indoor/outdoor hot tubs
- Indoor Water Playground
- 100,000-square-foot Health Club with five indoor tennis courts
- Nearby Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
- Easy to reach destination
From the sandy shores of Lake Michigan's Grand Traverse Bay to the top of our 17-story glass Tower, our team's focus is on presenting a grand experience. Whether you've arrived for business, a vacation, or a more permanent stay, you'll find accommodations, amenities, and activities that suit your needs and lifestyle, paired with service that exceeds expectations.
You'll also find that our own love for Northern Michigan's unique natural attributes and commitment to our community instills a level of environmental stewardship that surpasses hospitality standards nationwide. Through the implementation of our Environmental Management System and the relentless effort from every Resort employee, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa practices ongoing stewardship of the environment.
HydraFacial delivers results on first treatment
Still the Best: The Bear at 35
Iconic course remains top on golfers’ must-play lists
Simply the Best
Resort garners top convention center award