Can I bring my pet to the Resort?
We are pleased to welcome trained service animals, but pets and emotional support animals are not permitted in the Hotel, Tower, or any Resort outlets.
Is there a pet fee?
We do not charge a fee for service animals. If a guest brings a pet or an emotional support animal, we will charge a $250 pet fee to the credit card on file for the room. Other fees (for cleaning, etc.) may apply.
Where can my pet stay when I am at the Resort?
There are many wonderful pet boarding options in Northern Michigan. Here are a few nearby:
- Acme Creek Kennels | 3.8 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Diana’s Personal Touch | 6.5 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Bokhara Pet Resort | 8.4 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- VCA Cherry Bend Animal Hospital | 11.3 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Tulamar Kennel Boarding and Grooming | 13 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Goldeneye Kennels | 26 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa (on your way if you’re driving up US-131)
I’m traveling with a service animal. Do I need to tell someone on the Resort staff?
No. It is not necessary to alert a member of our staff if you are traveling with a service animal. If the tasks your service animal performs are not obvious, a guest service representative may ask if your animal is required because of a disability and what work the animal is trained to perform.
My service animal is a miniature horse. Can you accommodate us?
Yes. We will need to determine that the horse meets the criteria set forth by the ADA:
- Whether the miniature horse is housebroken;
- Whether the miniature horse is under the owner’s control;
- Whether the facility can accommodate the miniature horse’s type, size, and weight; and
- Whether the miniature horse’s presence will not compromise legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operation of a facility.
Do you have other questions?
Please contact a guest services representative at [email protected]
If you would like to learn more about the differences between service animals, emotional support animals, and pets, please visit Michigan.gov to read about Michigan and ADA guidelines.
For five years, Spa Grand Traverse Director Dawn Olsen thought about the changes she wanted to make to the resort’s 7,000-square-foot spa and salon.
New Look for Iconic Governors' Hall
Premier gathering space undergoes $1.5 million renovation
Reuniting at the Resort
“It’s a beautiful place to reconnect and build close ties to those we love in one of the most spectacular places in Michigan.”
—Lori, Leaver family reunion