We hear it all the time: “I had no idea you offered so many things."
Golf, gaming, hiking, biking and tennis. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Tall Ship excursions and catamaran cruises. Wine tours, orchards, port towns, and festivals. Fall color tours and snow sports galore. There’s something for everyone.
For groups looking to build greater camaraderie in a fun and relaxing way, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa can also help organize teambuilding events and activities such as on-site fitness programs, 5K runs, yoga on the beach, and other strategically-designed games, challenges, and adventures.
Our on-site amenties include:
- 900 acres of Northern Michigan landscape
- 86,500 square feet of versatile meeting space
- 7,000 square-foot Spa Grand Traverse
- Nearly 600 guest rooms and condominiums
- Five restaurants and lounges, including Aerie Restaurant & Lounge on the 16th floor
- Gallery of Shops
- Three championship golf courses including Jack Nicklaus-designed The Bear, The Wolverine by Gary Player and Spruce Run by William Newcomb
- Private Beach Club on Lake Michigan
- Four indoor/outdoor pools and several indoor/outdoor hot tubs
- Indoor Water Playground
- 100,000 square-foot Health Club with five indoor tennis courts
- Nearby Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
Enjoy winter activities like snowshoeing, ice skating and cross country skiiing right here at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa (weather dependent). Bring your own equipment or rent from us at the Bear Logo store.
- Cross-Country Skis (with boots & poles): $10 per hour; $25 per day
- Snowshoes: $15 per hour; $30 per day
- Ice Skates: $5 per hour; $20 per day
Call 231-534-6715 for availability.
Sleigh Rides at Nearby Antler Ridge Farms
Each year when the snow hits the ground our neighbors at Antler Ridge Farms begin offering horse drawn sleigh rides. Let their beautiful Percheron Draft Horses Dixie and Danny pull you through the woods with a stop for a great bonfire, hot chocolate and of course, marshmallows to roast.
We even offer complimentary shuttle rides to Antler Ridge Farms.
Call (231) 645-3647 or click for details.
Wine and Spa: a perfect pairing
Grand Traverse Resort crafted the ultimate combination with a VIP Wine & Spa package, a delightful combination of relaxation and adventure.
Traverse City transformed by night
What was once primarily a quaint little beach town along Lake Michigan has transformed into a thriving city overflowing with culture and energy. Meet Traverse City. After Dark.
The Beer Artist:
Short’s Brewery exemplifies Northern Michigan in ways you can literally taste. Fresh chocolate mint from the river shoreline, local Blue Spruce trees and Michigan cherries are all key ingredients in his microbrews.