Wake up to endless adventure
Introducing the newly renovated Tower Room Experience.
Check into the new high style of Traverse City’s soaring architectural icon. Surrounded in all directions by lush forests, rolling greens, vineyards, orchards and the sparkling, sugar-sand shores of Lake Michigan, your stay will be treated to breathtaking sweeping vistas, sophisticated luxuries and front-row access to epic outdoor escapades. More than a tranquil sky-high escape, the Tower is a place where your year-round Northern Michigan experiences begin and end. Where you can curl up after a day of wine tasting, golfing, exploring, discovering, sipping and savoring. Because, trust us, there will be plenty of that.
Wonderful things come to those who stay, including:
- All-new furniture, lighting, bedding, fixtures, carpeting, window treatments, and bathroom.
- Improved high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access powered by a new fiber-optic network
- New design and decor inspired by the region’s stunning di verse landscape of forests and bays, featuring a mix of weathered and dark woods, and creamy white and blue hues.
For a sneak peek of all there is to discover in Northern Michigan and Grand Traverse Resort’s new Tower experience, go to our Pinterest page.
TOWER RENOVATION QUICK FACTS:
- The Tower was originally built in 1986 by Redstone Architects, of Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- 186 rooms renovated, including bathrooms and Hospitality Suites
- Approximate $7 million total investment
- Guest feedback for room design included better lighting, improved technology integration and wireless Internet, enhanced design and decor
- A design theme of "relaxed luxury" with decor that reflects the local culture and natural elements
- Niemann Interiors, Winter Park, Fla., is the renovation designer
- National Renovation Contractors (NRC), Farmington Hills, Mich., is the renovation general contractor
For five years, Spa Grand Traverse Director Dawn Olsen thought about the changes she wanted to make to the resort’s 7,000-square-foot spa and salon.
New Look for Iconic Governors' Hall
Premier gathering space undergoes $1.5 million renovation
Reuniting at the Resort
“It’s a beautiful place to reconnect and build close ties to those we love in one of the most spectacular places in Michigan.”
—Lori, Leaver family reunion