Wake up to endless adventure
Introducing the newly renovated Tower Room Experience.
Check into the new high style of Traverse City’s soaring architectural icon. Surrounded in all directions by lush forests, rolling greens, vineyards, orchards and the sparkling, sugar-sand shores of Lake Michigan, your stay will be treated to breathtaking sweeping vistas, sophisticated luxuries and front-row access to epic outdoor escapades. More than a tranquil sky-high escape, the Tower is a place where your year-round Northern Michigan experiences begin and end. Where you can curl up after a day of wine tasting, golfing, exploring, discovering, sipping and savoring. Because, trust us, there will be plenty of that.
Wonderful things come to those who stay, including:
- All-new furniture, lighting, bedding, fixtures, carpeting, window treatments, and bathroom.
- Improved high-speed, Wi-Fi Internet access powered by a new fiber-optic network
- New design and decor inspired by the region’s stunning di verse landscape of forests and bays, featuring a mix of weathered and dark woods, and creamy white and blue hues.
For a sneak peek of all there is to discover in Northern Michigan and Grand Traverse Resort’s new Tower experience, go to our Pinterest page.
TOWER RENOVATION QUICK FACTS:
- The Tower was originally built in 1986 by Redstone Architects, of Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- 186 rooms renovated, including bathrooms and Hospitality Suites
- Approximate $7 million total investment
- Guest feedback for room design included better lighting, improved technology integration and wireless Internet, enhanced design and decor
- A design theme of "relaxed luxury" with decor that reflects the local culture and natural elements
- Niemann Interiors, Winter Park, Fla., is the renovation designer
- National Renovation Contractors (NRC), Farmington Hills, Mich., is the renovation general contractor
Timeline & Milestones
Tower Grand Opening, Jacuzzi tubs in all guest rooms. Lobby unifies Tower and Hotel. Gallery of Shops opens.
Grand Lobby renovation
- $2 million project
Trillium Restaurant & Lounge renovation, rebranding as Aerie Restaurant & Lounge
Mud Pie opens in Gallery of Shops
opens in gallery of Shops
Major Tower Guest Rooms
Renovations: $7 million project
The Science of Golf
“One of the biggest advantages we have in the time we spend with our students is working on the game the way they’re supposed to work on it.”
—Stefan Carlsmith, lead instructor
A Family Favorite
Mom, dad, and the kids head due north to escape Texas summer
As Natural As The Surroundings
New spa menu offers up the best of Northern Michigan