The Bear Golf Course
Play one of Michigan's Top Golf Courses
The Bear is now open for 18 hole rounds only
We are pleased to announce that golf cars are now allowed on our golf courses. Golf cars will be limited to one person per golf car, and they will be sanitized after each use. Household members are permitted to share a car. Normal golf fees with golf carts are now in place. Walking is still available at discounted rate. The driving range is now open.
Book your tee time online or call: 231-534-6000
PREVENTION OF THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 IS OUR FOCUS, AND THIS IS PRIMARILY ACCOMPLISHED THROUGH SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SANITATION.
- Social distancing will be enforced throughout the check in process and on the golf course, so please keep a minimum of 6 feet away from others at all times.
- The commonly touched areas of the clubhouse including doors, counter tops, pens, restrooms, etc. will be sanitized regularly
- The Clubhouse restrooms are now available
- The Clubhouse locker rooms and Portajohns are open
- Pro Shop is now open
- Bear Members will not be charged an additional fee for Pull Cart
- Bear Member Guests will be charged additional $5 for Pull Cart
- Putters is now open with a full menu of food and beverage options
- Full beverage cart service is available
- Members should have their member cards ready when checking in. Member accounts will be billed for their golf along with any guests they have as prepayment is required
- We have increased the time between tee times to 10 minutes to help with social distancing
- Pull Carts are not guaranteed, so please confirm with Pro Shop staff by calling 231-534-6470 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm
- Hours of operation are 7:30am – 7:00pm
- All persons entering the Clubhouse and group areas are required to wear a facemask. Bandanas, gaiters, and face coverings with valves that allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape are not allowed. Please bring your own mask.
- Flagsticks shall remain in the hole at all times and never touched by a golfer
- There is a metal lever placed on the flagstick that can be lifted by your putter head to remove the golf ball from the hole
- Keep proper social distance throughout the golf round
- Rakes have been removed from bunkers, golfers should use foot to rake sand and replace ball
- Garbage cans and water coolers have been removed, so please plan accordingly
Welcome to The Bear, every bit the animal it was when Jack Nicklaus first unleashed the course on June 17, 1985. Celebrated as one of the toughest 18 holes in Michigan, The Bear was ranked as the 18th toughest course in America, according to Golf Digest. This beautiful course offers the best of Traverse City golf and regularly stands out as a top golf course in Michigan.
Nicklaus’ signature design features Scottish terraced fairways, tiered greens, deep grassy roughs, moguls and mounds, and deep pot bunkers. With rolling land, trees, lakes, streams, fruit orchards, and a variety of wildlife, The Bear features a mixture of different elements golfers rarely see on one course. This is northern Michigan golf at its finest.
PROUD TO BEAR THE NAME
The Bear’s name is a tribute to its designer, Jack Nicklaus, whose trademark blonde hair earned him the nickname “the Golden Bear.” Born in 1940, Jack Nicklaus is a legend both as a player and a course designer. His competitive career spanned five decades, including 18 professional major championship titles. He is the only player in history to have won each of the game’s majors at least three times, and is the only player to have completed the career “Grand Slam” on both the regular and senior tours.
For tee times, call 231-534-6000 or book online:
|Black Tees||Blue Tees||White Tees||Yellow Tees|
HydraFacial delivers results on first treatment
Still the Best: The Bear at 35
Iconic course remains top on golfers’ must-play lists
Simply the Best
Resort garners top convention center award