The Wolverine Golf Course Michigan
The Wolverine Is Now Open
We are pleased to announce that golf cars are now allowed on our golf courses. Golf cars will be sanitized after each use. Normal golf fees with golf carts are now in place. Walking is still available at discounted rate. The driving range is now open.
Book your tee time online or call: 231-534-6000
PREVENTION OF THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 IS OUR FOCUS, AND THIS IS PRIMARILY ACCOMPLISHED THROUGH SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SANITATION.
- Social distancing will be enforced throughout the check in process and on the golf course, so please keep a minimum of 6 feet away from others at all times.
- The commonly touched areas of the clubhouse including doors, counter tops, pens, restrooms, etc. will be sanitized regularly
- The Clubhouse restrooms are now available
- Pro Shop is now open
- Bear Members will not be charged an additional fee for Pull Cart
- Bear Member Guests will be charged additional $5 for Pull Cart
- Putters is open with a limited menu of food and beverage options
- Beverage cart service is available without food
- Members should have their member cards ready when checking in. Member accounts will be billed for their golf along with any guests they have as prepayment is required
- We have increased the time between tee times to 12 minutes to help with social distancing
- Pull Carts are not guaranteed, so please confirm with Pro Shop staff by calling 231-534-6470 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm
- ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE CLUBHOUSE ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACEMASK, SO PLEASE BRING ONE WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR HOUSE!
- Flagsticks shall remain in the hole at all times and never touched by a golfer
- There is a metal lever placed on the flagstick that can be lifted by your putter head to remove the golf ball from the hole
- Keep proper social distance throughout the golf round
- Rakes have been removed from bunkers, golfers should use foot to rake sand and replace ball
- Garbage cans and water coolers have been removed, so please plan accordingly
- We are not providing transportation from #9 Green to #10 Tee
Gary Player’s first signature course in the state of Michigan is designed to take full advantage of the Resort’s richly diverse environment. The design’s flexibility, versatility, and playability with four sets of tees allows the course to be set up to accommodate golfers of all abilities.
The course is challenging for a low handicap, yet playable and enjoyable for high handicappers and is capable of being set up to be a true test for professional tournaments.
Each nine is distinctive. The front nine is constructed on lowland terrain with water and wetlands, and existing wetlands were enhanced to interweave with several holes on the front. The back nine is constructed on highland terrain with hardwoods, rolling hills, and views of East Grand Traverse Bay.
Fairways and greens were seeded with Providence Bentgrass, tees were seeded with Penncross Bentgrass, and the rough was seeded with bluegrass and fescue. The greens are undulating while water comes into play on 13 holes. The course record is 63, shot during the first round of the 2008 Michigan Open by Bryan Stuard of Jackson, Michigan.
For tee times, call 231-534-6000 or book online:
|Black Tees||Blue Tees||White Tees||Yellow Tees|
HydraFacial delivers results on first treatment
Still the Best: The Bear at 35
Iconic course remains top on golfers’ must-play lists
Simply the Best
Resort garners top convention center award