enter your group/offer code here
Jobs in Traverse City
Working at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa is more than a job. It’s a career filled with the opportunity to grow with one of the biggest and best employers in the area. We give our employees excellent career opportunities in one of the most beautiful places to live in Michigan.
With one of the best employee benefits packages in the area and clear paths to promotion, working at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa is your first step toward a meaningful and fulfilling career in one of the quickest growing towns in Michigan.
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa also offers paid internship opportunities in many departments that are fun and offer you great professional job experience.
What It’s Like to Work Here
Our employees are the backbone of our entire organization. You make this happen, which is why we want to invest in your well-being. We offer a very competitive benefits package that you won’t find at many other businesses in Traverse City.
Some of these benefits include:
- Medical and dental insurance for full-time employees
- Employee discounts on golf, Spa, and other resort amenities
- Health Club and pool access
- Lodging discounts at select Michigan hotels
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- Daily pay offered through Dayforce Wallet
- Life Insurance
View our open job opportunities below
Hospitality Job Opening at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
Learn more about our current job opportunities in Traverse City, MI. We have many other part-time and full-time jobs available. For a full list of every job opening please visit our Careers Page.
Our housekeepers are the foundation of our entire hotel. Without them, we wouldn’t have rooms for our guests! Join this tight-knit crew of hardworking men and women.
“I loved working here. I loved my coworkers, and we had so much fun. I enjoyed working first shift because you had so much to do, and the time flew by fast. My manager was kind and understanding.”(Employee review from Indeed)
- Housekeeping Carpet Cleaner – Floors, carpet, concrete, tile, and more—if you know how to make these surfaces squeaky clean, then you’re just what we’re looking for.
- Housekeeping Room Attendant – We need reliable room attendants with attention to detail. You’ll be in charge of cleaning hotel rooms once the guests have left.
- Laundry Aide 2 – Our laundry aides are in charge of cleaning, folding, and organizing linens. This position may also require assisting other departments when needed.
Front of House Jobs
These positions are often our guests’ first point of contact. If you enjoy customer service and are proud to welcome visitors to this amazing region, then you’ll be a great fit for our front-of-the-house staff.
“It was a great experience, especially for a first job. It was a fun and really enjoyable place to work. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend people to go there for employment.” (Employee review from Indeed)
- Reservations Agent – You’ll be taking phone reservations and selling services and amenities the Resort provides. Passion and enthusiasm for this area and local knowledge will help you thrive, as well as the ability to establish a good rapport while you’re on the phone.
- Bellstand Bellperson – When visitors arrive at the Resort, we want them to feel welcome and taken care of. If hospitality and hard work are in your nature, you’d be a great fit!
- Front Desk Guest Service Agent – If you’re proud of this region and love serving people who visit it, the front desk is a great position for you. Responsibilities include checking guests in when they arrive, acting as an ambassador for the Resort, and more
Food and Beverage Jobs
Aerie is an upscale restaurant with a fantastic view of Traverse City and East Grand Traverse Bay is located on the 16th floor of the Tower and serves modern cuisine and elegant cocktails.
“For me, a typical day is anything but typical at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. Every day is different. From guests to food product, everything can change in a matter of a few moments. … My job here is very easy going and fun too.” (Employee review from Indeed)
- Bartender and Cashier – We need someone who is passionate about food, flavors, drinks, and more. If you enjoy engaging with guests and are good at multi-tasking, we need you!
- Waitstaff – The Resort has several on-site restaurants that need reliable waitstaff. If customer service is in your nature and you enjoy interacting with visitors, this would be a great position.
- Culinary Cooks (All Levels) – Prepping ingredients, cooking on the line, or garnishing plates—there isn’t a slow day in our kitchens. We need talented and hardworking team members in every area of our culinary department.
- Director of Catering and Conference Services – You’ll be responsible to ensure all convention and catering staff exceed guest’s expectations in addition to managing and selling rooms and conference space.
- Director of Food and Beverage – This position manages all food and beverages operations on the property. You’ll be working with the sales manager to drive revenue and developing all service personnel, among many other important tasks!
Health Club and Spa Jobs
Our guests visit the Health Club and Spa to relax and rejuvenate during their stay. If you want to help people get the most out of their vacations, join the Health Club and Spa team.
“Grand Traverse Resort and Spa was a nice place to work. The other coworkers were great, and the spa treatments and facility were very nice.” (Employee review from Indeed)
- Health Club Pool Attendant and Lifeguard – Ensure the safety of all guests using the pool facilities at the Resort. If you’re comfortable around water and enjoy interacting with guests, you’ll be a great fit. All necessary training will be provided.
- Spa Coordinator – Responsible for understanding and communicating knowledge of all services and products provided by Spa Grand Traverse. Additionally, your job is to provide our guests with memorable and exceptional spa experiences the second they step in the door.
The engineering team at the Resort handles everything from banquets to audio & visual setup, and more.
“The benefits and perks of this job really stood out. The discounts on the services and the medical benefits are amazing. The overall atmosphere is pretty relaxed and fun.” (Employee review from Indeed)
- Engineering/Maintenance Technician – Are you handy with tools? Good at problem-solving? We need hardworking people to respond to maintenance requests on the property.
Hotel Operations Jobs
These positions help with general hotel operations – from security to retail, you’ll be a valuable member of the team
- Retail Operations Supervisor – This position oversees operations at The Gallery of Shops, our retail shops located on the first floor of the hotel.
- National Sales Manager– This position is responsible for booking group business on an established base of accounts in a designated geographic area or market segment.
- Security Officer – We need safety-conscious individuals who are organized, reliable, and can work independently.
Join the Team at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
From secluded beaches and crystal clear water to a vibrant nightlife and restaurant scene, you’ll find plenty to keep you busy on your days off. So, what are you waiting for? Use the links above to apply for the open positions. If you’re looking for more job opportunities visit our Careers Page.
Not sure what job at the Resort is the best fit for you? Our Human Resources team can help you find the perfect opportunity. Send us an email or give us a call at 231-534-6500.