enter your group or promo code here
TRAVERSE CITY ITINERARY
The paradise of Michigan’s northern lower peninsula is more than a Lake Michigan beach, a paddleboard trip, a scenic trail, or rolling wine country. It’s more than a top golf destination and home to the best food and craft beer in the Midwest. It’s having all of it at your fingertips.
You won’t believe it if you haven’t seen it.
Where Will Your Visit Take You?
Make the most out of your visit up north with these suggestions from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. Each link below features an itinerary with suggestions from locals on their favorite places to be with kids, families, and more!
- Things to Do in Traverse City
- From the water to the trail—read suggestions from Traverse City locals on their favorite things to do in Traverse City.
- Family Vacations in Traverse City
- Traverse City is a family vacation destination for a reason! If you’re worried about keeping the whole family entertained, use this guide and let your worries melt away.
- Visiting Traverse City with Kids
- If there’s one thing we know, kids add a whole different dimension to a vacation. Make sure they’re begging to come back next year with these tips from local parents who know best.
- Weekend Getaways in Traverse City
- Whether you and your partner are looking for a getaway up north or the perfect place to relax while you explore the surrounding area, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa has everything you need for a couple’s weekend up north.
It's the journey that excites us.
But it’s the destination that calls us.
“Traverse City is a resort center for every vacationer, no matter his age, his recreational desires, or the size of his purse… from the charm of the wild to the most modern comforts of city life.”—Circa 1940, “Vintage Views along the West Michigan Pike”
Since the nation’s first motorists began journeying to Michigan in open-sided automobiles, not much—and so much—has changed in “The Heart of Nature’s Playground.”
Blue-ribbon streams, protected bays, and sparkling Great Lake shores still hold the same allure. The forests still invite four-season walks and the just-picked sweetness of local farms. And a short drive west, the “Most Beautiful Place in America,” Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, stretches for 35 glorious miles.
Today, an ever-growing parade of festivals, a pulsing arts scene, championship golf, athletic excursions, and enticing culinary events also draw visitors to the Cherry Capital time and time again.