enter your group or promo code here
TRAVERSE CITY WITH KIDS IN THE SUMMER
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa is the perfect summertime Northern Michigan family destination. With tons of on-site activities to keep the family busy and even more adventures just outside our doors, it won’t be hard to keep the family entertained.
Read on to learn about some of the things to do at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa and in the surrounding area in the summer.
Traverse City Kids Activities: On Property
We do much more than golf and tennis! Check our events calendar to see if we have upcoming kid-friendly events—these include movie nights, scavenger hunts, and more!
- The Den
- Traverse City’s brand-new entertainment hub is located right inside Grand Traverse Resort and Spa’s main lobby! Get the family together for virtual reality, arcade games, and more!
- Rent a Kayak or SUP (stand-up paddleboard)
- The team at Blue Sky Rentals is happy to outfit your family with SUPs or kayaks for a paddle along the Lake Michigan shoreline.
- Indoor Water Park
- Head to our indoor water park to relax with the family while the kids have a blast on water features and slides.
- Golf Lessons
- The Resort offers golf lessons for all ages at our Golf Academy. Our golf pros tailor each lesson for a fun few hours out on the green!
Traverse City Kids Activities: Off Property
Traverse City is so kid-friendly we don’t have enough room to write about all the things to do. Below are just a few to keep you and the little ones busy outside of the Resort:
- Sleeping Bear Dunes
- You can’t visit the Traverse City area without heading to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Pick up a park pass (required for entry) at the base of Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive before heading out on a scenic drive with the multiple pullouts and picnic areas along the way. Once you’re done, head to the dune climb for some fun in the sand, and end it with a dip in Lake Michigan at Glen Haven, which is just up the road.
- Berry Picking
- Berry picking is a fun way to get everyone outside and fill your bellies. Traverse City has many U-pick options, from cherries, blueberries, raspberries, and even exotic Canadian Saskatoons.
- Grab a flick at the historic State Theatre with the kids in downtown Traverse City during their 25-cent matiness. This is a perfect activity when the weather doesn’t cooperate.
- Great Lakes Children’s Museum
- Just off downtown Traverse City, this fun children’s museum has fun science-based exhibits and features daily nature programs, activities, events, and more.
- Butterfly House
- Just up the road from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa is an indoor garden filled with butterfly’s, flowers and more. Be sure to check out the Bug Zoo and frog exhibit, too!
- The Music House Museum
- Listen to the sounds and history of Northern Michigan at The Music House Museum. This museum has a unique collection of instruments which provide guests a walk through the history and beauty of music in this area.
- Busy Bodies Bounce Town
- If the weather isn’t cooperating, then head to this indoor playground filled with toys, games, bounce castles and more!
Your Up-North Getaway
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa is the perfect destination for your family’s next vacation up north. With kid-friendly activities inside and outside our doors, there’s something fun for everyone. Book a room online or give us a call at 800-236-1577 to make a reservation.