enter your group or promo code here
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa has a strict no pet policy. Pets are not allowed on any property owned and operated by the Resort. Trained service animals are permitted. Pets are animals not defined as trained service animals under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Emotional support and comfort animals are also not permitted. Guests who do not adhere to this policy are subject to a $250 fine and possible eviction.
Where can my pet stay when I am at the Resort?
There are many wonderful pet boarding options in Northern Michigan. Here are a few nearby:
- Acme Creek Kennels | 3.8 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Diana’s Personal Touch | 6.5 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Bokhara Pet Resort | 8.4 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- VCA Cherry Bend Animal Hospital | 11.3 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Tulamar Kennel Boarding and Grooming | 13 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Goldeneye Kennels | 26 miles from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa (on your way if you’re driving up US-131)
I’m traveling with a service animal. Do I need to tell someone on the Resort staff?
Yes. It is necessary to alert a member of our staff if you are traveling with a service animal. If the tasks your service animal performs are not obvious, a guest service representative may ask if your animal is required because of a disability and what work the animal is trained to perform. Only trained service animals outlined by the ADA will be permitted.
My service animal is a miniature horse. Can you accommodate us?
Yes. We will need to determine that the horse meets the criteria set forth by the ADA:
- Whether the miniature horse is housebroken;
- Whether the miniature horse is under the owner’s control;
- Whether the facility can accommodate the miniature horse’s type, size, and weight; and
- Whether the miniature horse’s presence will not compromise legitimate safety requirements necessary for safe operation of a facility.
Do you have other questions?
Please contact a guest services representative at [email protected]
If you would like to learn more about the differences between service animals, emotional support animals, and pets, please visit Michigan.gov to read about Michigan and ADA guidelines.