Blanketing 900 acres of a region blessed with natural attributes, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa holds deep roots as an environmental partner while achieving new heights in eco-hospitality. A stream of "green" accolades earned over the years for initiatives at both at the Resort and beyond includes "Leader" certification from Green Lodging Michigan, and being named 2011 Business of the Year by the Northern Michigan Environmental Action Council.
A Culture of Caring
The GREEN Committee
The Green Committee is a volunteer group of Resort employees who serve as a community role model by participating in local initiatives, promoting eco-stewardship amongst co-workers, brainstorming new ideas and implementing programs that work.
With the Watershed Center Grand Traverse Bay, we monitor and protect Acme Creek, a tributary coursing through our grounds. Through Bay Area Recycling for Charities, the Resort expanded its recycling program to include clean office paper, magazines, newspapers, card-board, non-beverage metal cans and plastic. Conference services also replaced massive paper use with an electronic system.
The Resort also helps keep the community clean through MDOT’s Adopt-A-Highway program among other local initiatives.
Golf and Grounds
Certified as a Michigan Turf-grass Environmental Steward and Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuary, the Resort was lauded by the Environmental Institute for Golf for retrofitting maintenance equipment with recycled catalytic converters.
Promoting Action and Awareness
While the Resort uses energy-efficient products and systems, eco-safe cleaners and bio-degradable waste bags, it provides in-room recycling bins and a linen reuse option for guests.
- 2012: Michigan Turfgrass Environmental Stewardship Program - Legacy Property
- 2011: Northern Michigan Environmental Action Council Business of the Year
- 2011: Green Lodging Michigan: Leader Certification
- 2008: Green Lodging Michigan: Leader Certification
- 2006: Michigan Turf-grass Environmental Stewardship Program - Certified Environmental Steward
- 1998: Golf Course Superintendents Association of America - Environmental Stewardship Award
- 1997: Audubon International: Cooperative Sanctuary Certification
- 1995: Traverse Area Recreational Trail: 2.5 Acres Wetlands Mitigation
- 1992: Michigan Chamber of Commerce: Environmental Quality Award
- 1989: Michigan Recycling Coalition: Business Recycler of the Year
- 1982: Michigan Outdoor Writers: Clean Waters Award
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
We are proud to offer four on-site Electric Vehicle Powering ports, powered by OpConnect.
How to Use the OpConnect Vehicle Charging Station
Putting Practical in Practice
For golfers who can hit pure shots like Tiger Woods on the practice tee, but become hackers when they tee the ball up on a golf course, Mark Hill might have just the cure for your game.
Turn competing in a race or triathlon into a vacation by staying at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa and enjoying all the amenities and attractions the Resort and the area have to offer.
Spa Grand Traverse- Always in Season
Special packages offer the best of summer and winter.