enter your group/offer code here
SUMMER ACTIVITIES AT GRAND TRAVERSE RESORT
We hear it all the time: “I had no idea you offered so many things."
Golf, gaming, hiking, biking, and tennis. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Tall Ship excursions and catamaran cruises. Wine tours, orchards, port towns, and festivals. Fall color tours and snow sports galore. There’s something for everyone.
On Property Summer Activities
Watersport rentals at Blue Sky Rentals
Head down to the Beach Club (located across US 31 along East Grand Traverse Bay) and rent paddleboards, jet skis, kayaks, and more. Blue Sky Rentals is our watersport provider with tons of water fun options.
Closed for the season.
Off Property Activities
Visible from the Grand Traverse Resort Tower, Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel provides year round excitement and fun.
Owned and operated by the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians, the Vegas-style casino has all the latest slots in all the denominations you want most. With Turtle Creek’s signature table action, you’ve got twice the winning potential and twice the fun. You’ll find everything you want for a grand time on the 56,000-square-foot gaming floor with more than 40 game tables and 1,300 slots. The gaming floor features two blackjack tables, 42 high-limit slot machines, numerous LCD flat-panel televisions, and a private cashier.
Shuttles to Turtle Creek Casino from Grand Traverse Resort and Spa are available. Contact 231-534-6431
Turtle Creek's sister property, Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge, is located 25 miles northwest of Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
Traverse City Pit Spitters
The Pit Spitters are a minor league baseball team from Traverse City, Michigan with the best mascot in the business, Monty! The Pit Spitters are part of the Northwoods League and are currently the defending league champions. A collegiate wooden bat baseball team, Pit Spitters games are a great place to go for fun all summer long.
For tickets and scheduling, click here.
For groups looking to build greater camaraderie in a fun and relaxing way, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa can also help organize teambuilding events and activities such as on-site fitness programs, 5K runs, yoga on the beach, and other strategically-designed games, challenges, and adventures.
Our on-site amenities include:
- 900 acres of Northern Michigan landscape
- 86,500 square feet of versatile meeting space
- 7,000-square-foot Spa Grand Traverse
- Nearly 600 guest rooms and condominiums
- Five restaurants and lounges, including Aerie Restaurant & Lounge on the 16th floor
- Gallery of Shops
- Three championship golf courses including The Bear by Jack Nicklaus, The Wolverine by Gary Player and Spruce Run by William Newcomb
- Two indoor pools and one outdoor pool
- One indoor hot tub and two outdoor hot tubs
- Indoor Water Playground
- 100,000-square-foot Health Club with five indoor tennis courts
- Nearby Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel and Leelanau Sands Casino