OUR LATEST COVID-19 UPDATE
September 9, 2020
With conditions constantly evolving during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working hard to have the proper sanitation protocols and policies in place to keep our staff and guests safe. Plexiglass has been installed as a barrier between desk associates and guests, Spa Grand Traverse and Resort restaurants have limited hours, and tables have been moved to maintain proper physical distancing. Resort associates will wear masks or face coverings while inside.
With guidance from our ownership, the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa & Chippewa Indians, we are implementing a no mask, no service policy. Guests are expected to bring their own masks, but if they damage or lose theirs, one will be provided to them. Bandanas, gaiters, and face coverings with valves that allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape will no longer be allowed. These select face coverings allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape and are no longer considered a best practice. This new policy applies to Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, Turtle Creek Casino, and Leelanau Sands Casino and there are no exceptions to this policy.
Under the policy, masks are expected to be worn:
- when guests enter buildings
- are inside and moving about
- riding in elevators
- walking in common areas
- while on the shuttle bus
- at outdoor functions like weddings, receptions, and in all group settings
Masks can be removed:
- while outdoors (if not in a group)
- in the pool
- on the golf course
- inside hotel rooms
- after being seated at tables for food and beverage service
Masks must be worn by all adults and children eight years and older. This policy is to ensure the safety of all who work at and visit Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
We will update this information as plans change. For additional questions, please call our Reservations team at 231-534-6000.
At Grand Traverse Resort and Spa we are have made key changes to our operation to encourage guest safety and social distancing. These changes include outlet closures and service changes. Here's the latest update about what's currently available at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa:
- Tower: All rooms are available. For reservations, call 231-534-6000.
- Hotel: All rooms are available.
- Housekeeping daily stayover service is not available at this time.
- The Bear is open for 18-hole rounds only
- The Wolverine is open for 18-hole or 9-hole rounds
- Spruce Run is open for 18-hole or 11-hole rounds
- Golfing guests may walk the course or use a golf car (note: golf cars will be sanitized after each use. Two riders per car are allowed)
- The Golf Academy is open for outdoor lessons only. The Golf Academy is by appointment ONLY. Contact: Golf Academy at [email protected] or by calling (231) 534-6550.
- The Pro Shop is open
- Hours of operation are 7:00am – 7:00pm
- Tee times are:
The Bear every 10min
The Wolverine every 9min
Spruce Run every every 9min
- Book your tee time online or call: 231-534-6000
Food and Beverage:
- The Grille (located inside the golf clubhouse):
- Friday - Saturday 11am-10pm
- Sunday - Thursday 11am-9pm
- The Marketplace: Is open. Hours - Wednesday to Sunday: 7am to 3pm
- Aerie Restaurant:
- Restaurant Hours
- Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Sweetwater American Bistro:
Open for breakfast daily 7am-11am Monday-Friday | 7am-12pm Saturday & Sunday
Jack's Taproom: 11am-midnight Friday & Saturday | 11am-10pm Sunday-Thursday
- The Pool Bar: Open Sunday -Saturday. Hours: 11am-6pm.
- The Lobby Bar: Closed
- Room Service: Order on your guest room TV using Sonifi Interactive Services or call ext. 6390
Dinner: 5pm-9pm daily
The Den: Open
Closed Sunday - Monday
Open Tuesday - Thursday 3PM – 11PM
Friday 2PM – 12AM
Saturday 11AM – 12AM
Spa Grand Traverse: Open
The Spa Grand Traverse menu is limited at this time.
Sunday & Monday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday -Friday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Please note: Spa hours, services, and rates are subject to change without notice.
Spa Grand Traverse Reopening Information
We are excited and ready to welcome you back to Spa Grand Traverse.
We have been working diligently to ensure our staff and guests are kept safe during their visit. While we were closed, we continued to provide regular sanitation of the spa, as well as implementing new protocols based on state of Michigan guidelines. This includes the following:
- Checking the status of our staff’s health by no-touch temperature check and verbal screening
- Staff will wear safety shields, masks and gloves during all services
- Treatment room tables will be fitted with a Safeguard Treatment Shield to enhance safety measures during facials, lashes and massages
- Allowing 6ft of social distancing from other guests always other than your treatment provider
- Removing body scrubs and couples’ services from the menu temporarily
- Limiting spa groups to 4 guests or less
- Consistent cleaning schedule of high traffic areas, as well as tools used during each service
- All providers certified in proper sanitation
We ask that everyone understands the parameters we will be putting in place for your safety. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 231-534-6750.
*On arrival to the spa, please call the Spa Desk at 231-534-6750 and we will inform you when you will be able to enter the spa facility. We also require that our guests adhere to the following:
- All individuals that enter the spa will need to bring their own mask for their visit, and wear it during the length of their stay, unless it is necessary to have access to a guest’s face
- Each guest will be screened upon entering the spa with a no-touch temperature check and verbal screening
- Each guest will be required to fill out our online guest Intake form prior to every spa and salon visit
- Guests will not be able to bring anyone not receiving a treatment with them
- Each guest will be asked to wash or sanitize hands before beginning services
- We will require a credit card on file for all services, to help keep interaction at spa desk minimal
- If you feel unwell, please call the spa and cancel your appointment(s). We will waive any cancellation fees during this time.
- Guests receiving massage and facial services will have access to the locker rooms, and guests must wear a mask at all times.
- Guests receiving massage and facial services are welcome to use the indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, however there are capacity limits.
- The fitness center is also available to guests receiving massage and facial services, and require appointments. If you are interested in scheduling a time to work out, please call the Health Club desk at 231-534-6770.
- At this time, the saunas in the locker rooms are closed until further notice.
The Gallery of Shops: Now open
Bear Logo Shop, Whirligig’s Candy & More, Tumbleweeds, Mud Pie, Adventure North, Natural Life, 231 The Store Hours:
Friday & Saturday 10am-8pm
Ashleigh’s open upon request
Health Club: Open
The Health Club and indoor pools are open. Hot tubs are closed in compliance with Executive Order 2020-175. Our indoor pools will be at 25% capacity. Following Executive Order 2020-175 guests and members must always wear face coverings while indoors at the health club unless actively swimming or playing tennis.
Health Club and Indoor Pool Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 6:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sunday: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Indoor Lap Pool Hours
Monday - Friday: 6:00 am - 10:00 am
Saturday: 6:00 am - 9:00 am
Sunday: 7:00 am - 9:00 am
Outdoor Tennis Courts are now open for members and hotel guests:
- Singles and Doubles Play - court reservation required. Please call 231-534-6770 to reserve your court. Member FREE, Hotel Guest $20/hour. Tennis Balls are available for purchase at $4 a can.
- Private Lessons - max of 4 in a group. Please call 231-534-6770 to schedule your lesson. Member and guest rates apply.
- Cardio Tennis: max 8 players. Please register and pay for drop in by contacting George Lowe, 231-534-6770.
- High Performance - max of 12 players per day. Registration information will be emailed to players
Indoor Tennis Courts are now open for members and hotel guests:
- Masks must be worn inside the health club but may be removed for play.
Adherence to all CDC, Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, and United States Tennis Association (USTA) safety guidelines are required for play.
The Beach Club: Open
The Beach Club Deck and beach areas are only available to Club Members and Hotel/Condo guests who have booked through the Resort. You must present your member card or hotel card at check-in. Please note that we will be opening the deck space only at The Beach Club, the pool will remain closed for the summer season.
Hours: Beach Club hours are weather dependent
The capacity is limited to 100 guests due to social distancing requirements, so please note that you may not be able to reserve a chair on the deck unless there is availability. The Beach Club will be staffed Saturday and Sunday. Questions? Please call the Health Club Desk at 231-534-6770.
Pools and Hot Tubs:
- All hot tubs are closed.
- Governors pool is closed.
The Health Club and indoor pools are open. Hot tubs are closed in compliance with Executive Order 2020-175. Our indoor pools will be at 25% capacity. Following Executive Order 2020-175 guests and members must always wear face coverings while indoors at the health club, tennis courts & pools apart from while swimming
We will update this information as plans change. For additional Health Club questions, please call our Reservations team at 231-534-6770.
Meeting and Group Safety:
Weddings, meetings and corporate events look a little different right now. Guest lists are being reduced, people are wearing masks and physical distancing is being enforced. These policies are not only mandated by state and local officials, but are also put in place by our ownership, the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians. Your event can be terminated at any time if your group is failing to follow our safety policies.
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa has been strictly enforcing a no mask, no service policy since July 1. There are absolutely no exceptions to this policy. During your event, whether a wedding or group meeting, masks are to be worn by all guests in the following situations:
- all indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies
- on a reception dance floor
- when getting up from your table to use the restroom
- when getting up from your table for any food or beverage service
- when walking around the Resort property
Guests who refuse to wear a mask, or follow physical distancing guidelines, will not be served and if the problem continues, will be asked to leave.
Housekeeping during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19 we will be suspending in stay housekeeping services for the time being. If you need additional towels or trash bags during your stay please call extension 6400.
Housekeeping and cleanliness are always among our top priorities at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. While we are dealing with COVID-19 we have stepped up our already high cleaning standards to better protect our guests and staff. Our additional cleaning measures include:
- Providing extra hand sanitizer stations throughout the resort
- Deep cleaning of public areas
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, Hotel and Condos with a focus on high-touch areas
- Daily training and updates to staff regarding housekeeping procedures and hygiene protocols.
- In an effort to respect your space, and to keep you and our team safe, we will not be providing housekeeping service for the duration of your stay. Should you need additional towels or other amenities, please call the front desk and we will be happy to deliver the items and place them outside your door
We also took this time to do a deep clean of our facility and we are closely following the CDC cleaning recommendations. You can view them here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/cleaning-disinfection.html
In addition to following all CDC and Michigan best practices like practicing six feet of social distancing we are digitally thermometer testing each employee as they enter the facility. Employees are also required to complete a screening questionnaire prior to the scheduled shift.
HydraFacial delivers results on first treatment
Still the Best: The Bear at 35
Iconic course remains top on golfers’ must-play lists
Simply the Best
Resort garners top convention center award