enter your group or promo code here
OUR LATEST COVID-19 UPDATE
June 14, 2021
Based on the CDC’s current guidelines, any guest that has been fully vaccinated is no longer required to wear a mask during their visit. Guests that have yet to fully be vaccinated are still required to wear a mask while on property.
At my request, we are requiring our staff to continue with our current safety protocols, which includes being screened prior to entering the building, mask wearing, and temperature testing. Please be respectful and kind to our team members, as they are working extremely hard to provide everyone with an outstanding customer experience.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and for taking the appropriate precautions based on your personal vaccination status.
Michael Schrader, CEO
Grand Traverse Resort & Casinos
With conditions constantly evolving during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working hard to have the proper sanitation protocols and policies in place to keep our staff and guests safe. Plexiglass has been installed as a barrier between desk associates and guests, Spa Grand Traverse and Resort restaurants have limited hours, and tables have been moved to maintain proper physical distancing. Resort associates will wear masks or face coverings while inside.
We will update this information as plans change. For additional questions, please call our Reservations team at 231-534-6000.
At Grand Traverse Resort and Spa we are have made key changes to our operation to encourage guest safety and social distancing. These changes include outlet closures and service changes. Here's the latest update about safety and what's currently available at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa:
Housekeeping during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19 we will be suspending in stay housekeeping services for the time being. If you need additional towels or trash bags during your stay please call extension 6400.
Housekeeping and cleanliness are always among our top priorities at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. While we are dealing with COVID-19 we have stepped up our already high cleaning standards to better protect our guests and staff. Our additional cleaning measures include:
- Providing extra hand sanitizer stations throughout the resort
- Clorox 360 electrostatic sprayer is being used to regularly in public areas
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, Hotel and Condos with a focus on high-touch areas
- Daily training and updates to staff regarding housekeeping procedures and hygiene protocols.
- In an effort to respect your space, and to keep you and our team safe, we will not be providing housekeeping service for the duration of your stay. Should you need additional towels or other amenities, please call the front desk and we will be happy to deliver the items and place them outside your door
We also took this time to do a deep clean of our facility and we are closely following the CDC cleaning recommendations. You can view them here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/cleaning-disinfection.html
In addition to following all CDC and Michigan best practices like practicing six feet of social distancing we are digitally thermometer testing each employee as they enter the facility. Employees are also required to complete a screening questionnaire prior to the scheduled shift.
OUTLET HOURS OF OPERATION: CLICK TO VIEW OUTLET HOURS (PDF)
- Housekeeping daily stayover service is not available at this time
- Our indoor pool and hot tubs will only allow 30% capacity. Pools are first come first served
- Face masks are required on Grand Traverse Resort & Casino transportation
- Spa Grand Traverse requires temperature checks
Spa Grand Traverse Safety Information:
We are excited and ready to welcome you to Spa Grand Traverse. We have been working diligently to ensure our staff and guests are kept safe during their visit. While we were closed, we continued to provide regular sanitation of the spa, as well as implementing new protocols based on state of Michigan guidelines. This includes the following:
- Checking the status of our staff’s health by no-touch temperature check and verbal screening
- Staff will wear safety shields, masks and gloves during all services
- Allowing 6ft of social distancing from other guests always other than your treatment provider
- Consistent cleaning schedule of high traffic areas, as well as tools used during each service
- All providers certified in proper sanitation
We ask that everyone understands the parameters we will be putting in place for your safety. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 231-534-6750.
*On arrival to the spa, please call the Spa Desk at 231-534-6750 and we will inform you when you will be able to enter the spa facility.
We also require that our guests adhere to the following:
On arrival to the spa, please call the Spa Desk at 231-534-6750 and we will inform you when you will be able to enter the spa facility. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before any nails/hair/lash service, and no more than 15 minutes before a massage service due to limited waiting area space. Please note that we do have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Failure to cancel outside of 24 hours will result in a full service charge.
We also require that our guests adhere to the following:
- Due to the intimate nature of our business we are requiring guests to continue to wear a mask during their visit regardless of their vaccination status.
- We are requiring our staff to continue with our current safety protocols, which includes being screened prior to entering the building, mask wearing, and temperature testing. Please be respectful and kind to our team members, as they are working extremely hard to provide everyone with an outstanding customer experience
- Each guest will be screened upon entering the spa with a no-touch temperature check
- Each guest will be required to fill out our online Guest Health Form prior to every spa and salon visit. Click on "Complete Form" in this email to fill out your form
- Guests will not be able to bring anyone not receiving a treatment with them
- Please note that the pools, hot tubs and fitness center are available, but have capacity limits
If you feel unwell or have been exposed to COVID-19, please call the spa and cancel your appointment(s), and we will waive the cancellation fee.
Please note that with things changing quickly and calls coming in at a rapid pace we will always do our best to keep you informed and provide the high standard of service that you have come to expect from Spa Grand Traverse.
Open. Guests must call the Health Club Desk at 231-534-6770 to reserve a work out time in the gym. Pre Shower area available for hotel guests. Please come ready for your work out and or swimming.
Attention: Lap Pool is closed for use from 6am-10am Monday-Friday due to lap swimming and Aqua Aerobics. Current capacity restraints for pools and hot tubs- please note that per the State of Michigan we do currently have capacity restraints in place. We ask that our guests be conscious of these restraints and adhere to them as they enjoy our pool facility. If we hit our capacity for the pool deck, guests will be turned away for admittance and offered the option to receive a text update when space becomes available. The fitness facility has a limited capacity of 12 guests amongst all 3 fitness rooms. Reservations are encouraged in order to ensure availability. Please call 231-534-6770 to schedule your work out.
Tennis COVID Update
All Health Club Members, Club Member Guests and Resort Guests must check in at the Health Club Desk ahead of time to confirm all players in attendance for the court. All member and guest names must be given to Health Club desk when booking the court AND when checking in on the day of your court rental for contact tracing purposes.
- A maximum of four players will be allowed on court at one time for adult and junior play. A maximum of six players will be allowed on court at one time for adult and junior lessons (led by a GTRS Resort Staff Pro). Players must maintain 6 feet of distance between one another during play and during breaks in play. Chairs and benches will be set up to allow proper distancing. Please keep chairs and benches where they are.
- Players will replace the handshake with a match ending racket touch.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are on court. Players are encouraged to sanitize hands frequently.
- Please plan to arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled court time in case there is a short wait at the Health Club desk check in.
Questions? Please contact George Lowe, Tennis Director at 231-534-6770 or [email protected]