OUR LATEST COVID-19 UPDATE
January 6, 2021
With conditions constantly evolving during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working hard to have the proper sanitation protocols and policies in place to keep our staff and guests safe. Plexiglass has been installed as a barrier between desk associates and guests, Spa Grand Traverse and Resort restaurants have limited hours, and tables have been moved to maintain proper physical distancing. Resort associates will wear masks or face coverings while inside.
We have a no mask, no service policy. Guests are expected to bring their own masks, but if they damage or lose theirs, one will be provided to them. Bandanas, gaiters, and face coverings with valves that allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape will no longer be allowed. These select face coverings allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape and are no longer considered a best practice. This new policy applies to Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, Turtle Creek Casino, and Leelanau Sands Casino and there are no exceptions to this policy.
Under the policy, masks are expected to be worn:
- when guests enter buildings
- are inside and moving about
- riding in elevators
- walking in common areas
- while on the shuttle bus
- at outdoor functions like weddings, receptions, and in all group settings
Masks can be removed:
- while outdoors (if not in a group)
- in the pool
- on the golf course
- inside hotel rooms
Masks must be worn by all adults and children two years and older. This policy is to ensure the safety of all who work at and visit Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.
We will update this information as plans change. For additional questions, please call our Reservations team at 231-534-6000.
At Grand Traverse Resort and Spa we are have made key changes to our operation to encourage guest safety and social distancing. These changes include outlet closures and service changes. Here's the latest update about what's currently available at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa:
- Rooms are available. For reservations, call 231-534-6000.
- Housekeeping daily stayover service is not available at this time.
Spa Grand Traverse:
Open. The Spa Grand Traverse menu is limited at this time. Facials are not available.
8:00am-4:00pm Sunday & Monday
9:00am-8:00pm Thursday & Friday
Please note: Spa hours, services, and rates are subject to change without notice.
Spa Grand Traverse Safety Information
We are excited and ready to welcome you to Spa Grand Traverse.
We have been working diligently to ensure our staff and guests are kept safe during their visit. While we were closed, we continued to provide regular sanitation of the spa, as well as implementing new protocols based on state of Michigan guidelines. This includes the following:
- Checking the status of our staff’s health by no-touch temperature check and verbal screening
- Staff will wear safety shields, masks and gloves during all services
- Allowing 6ft of social distancing from other guests always other than your treatment provider
- Limiting spa groups to 4 guests or less
- Consistent cleaning schedule of high traffic areas, as well as tools used during each service
- All providers certified in proper sanitation
We ask that everyone understands the parameters we will be putting in place for your safety. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 231-534-6750.
*On arrival to the spa, please call the Spa Desk at 231-534-6750 and we will inform you when you will be able to enter the spa facility.
We also require that our guests adhere to the following:
• All individuals that enter the spa will need to bring their own mask for their visit, and wear it over their nose and mouth during the length of their stay, including during massage. Facials and some facial waxing services are unavailable at this time due to state mandate
• Each guest will be screened upon entering the spa with a no-touch temperature check
• Each guest will be required to fill out our online Guest Health Form prior to every spa and salon visit. Click on "Complete Form" in this email to fill out your form
• Guests will not be able to bring anyone not receiving a treatment with them
• Due to a new Health Department state mandate the Relaxation Areas and Locker Rooms are reserved for guests receiving massage.
• Please note that we ask that your time spent in the spa relaxation area is kept to a minimum after services, as it is important to not allow our guests to congregate for too long. Feel free to use our Health Club lounge or Pool deck after services.
• Pools, hot tubs, and the fitness center are available to guests receiving massage
• Dry Saunas are unavailable until further notice
If you feel unwell or have been exposed to COVID-19, please call the spa and cancel your appointment(s), and we will waive the cancellation fee.
Please note that with things changing quickly and calls coming in at a rapid pace we will always do our best to keep you informed and provide the high standard of service that you have come to expect from Spa Grand Traverse.
The Gallery of Shops:
Open (Hours are subject to change. Call 231-534-6400 to confirm hours)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 11:00am-4:00pm
Friday & Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm
- The Golf Academy is open for outdoor lessons only. The Golf Academy is now open seven days a week 10:00 am-5:00 pm. Contact: Golf Academy at [email protected] or by calling (231) 534-6550.
- The golf courses and Pro Shop are closed for the season
Food and Beverage:
The Marketplace: Open
7:00am-11:00am Monday, Thursday, Friday
7:00am-2:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Closed Tuesday & Wednesday
Room Service: Order on your guest room TV using Sonifi Interactive Services or call ext. 6390. Delivery is now available to our Condos.
Breakfast 7:00am-11:00am daily
Lunch/Dinner 11:30am-9:00pm daily
Jack's Taproom: Open for carryout 3:00-9:00pm daily. Closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays Now featuring food, beer, wine and cocktails to go! Walk up ordering is available. Hours subject to change. Call 231-534-6390 with questions. Outdoor pavilion seating available Friday and Saturday 3:00-9:00pm.
Aerie Restaurant & Lounge: Closed
Sweetwater American Bistro: Closed
The Grille: Closed
The Lobby Bar: Closed
The Den: Open for gaming. Food service is unavailable at this time.
Tuesday - Saturday 1:00 – 8:00pm
Sunday & Monday - Closed
Shuttle service to Turtle Creek Casino: Unavailable
Open. Guests must call the Health Club Desk at 231-534-6770 to reserve a work out time in the gym.
Masks are to be worn at all times in the health club, on the pool deck unless swimming and while playing tennis. Locker rooms will no longer be available except for the restrooms at this time. Please come ready for your work out and or swimming.
At this time, we are only able to operate the pools at 25% capacity. Max Capacity: 96 guests.Hot tubs are open during regular hours of operation at 25% capacity in the indoor hot tub and 50% capacity in the outdoor hot tubs. The waterslide and splash pad are currently closed. Outdoor pools and hot tubs are closed for the season.
Health Club and Indoor Pool Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 6:00am - 8:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday: 7:00am - 6:00pm
Tennis: Indoor Tennis Courts are open.
Questions? Please contact George Lowe, Tennis Director, call 231-534-6776 or email [email protected]
The Beach Club: Closed for the summer
Housekeeping during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19 we will be suspending in stay housekeeping services for the time being. If you need additional towels or trash bags during your stay please call extension 6400.
Housekeeping and cleanliness are always among our top priorities at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. While we are dealing with COVID-19 we have stepped up our already high cleaning standards to better protect our guests and staff. Our additional cleaning measures include:
- Providing extra hand sanitizer stations throughout the resort
- Clorox 360 electrostatic sprayer is being used to regularly in public areas
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, Hotel and Condos with a focus on high-touch areas
- Daily training and updates to staff regarding housekeeping procedures and hygiene protocols.
- In an effort to respect your space, and to keep you and our team safe, we will not be providing housekeeping service for the duration of your stay. Should you need additional towels or other amenities, please call the front desk and we will be happy to deliver the items and place them outside your door
We also took this time to do a deep clean of our facility and we are closely following the CDC cleaning recommendations. You can view them here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/cleaning-disinfection.html
In addition to following all CDC and Michigan best practices like practicing six feet of social distancing we are digitally thermometer testing each employee as they enter the facility. Employees are also required to complete a screening questionnaire prior to the scheduled shift.
HydraFacial delivers results on first treatment
Still the Best: The Bear at 35
Iconic course remains top on golfers’ must-play lists
Simply the Best
Resort garners top convention center award